Pure Hemp seed oil is delicious, nutty, omega rich goodness!
Hemp seed oil nourishes your body whether you eat it or massage it into your skin. Hemp seed oil is considered a super-food, providing a range of necessary nutrients to energize and nourish – in particular as a great source of GLA (gamma linolenic acid) – an anti-inflammatory Omega 6.
Hemp seed oil contains essential fatty acids, omega 3,6 and 9 including GLA . In particular Omega 6 and Omega 3, “essential fats” are vital because our bodies cannot make them and so we need to get these from our diet. Unlike other sources of Omega essential fatty acids, hemp seed oil provides the ideal balance of Omega-6 to Omega-3 in a 3:1 ratio for optimal absorption which works to boost metabolism, support immunity and promote heart health. Ready for a healthy boost? Expect a buttery, herbaceous and nutty flavoured oil which contains 40% less saturated fat than olive oil.
This beautiful oil is cold pressed from Canadian hemp seeds, grown under the SAFE certification standards, which means it is grown using organic principles. We bottle here in New Zealand, nitrogen flush and double seal for freshness.
Hemp seed oil is for you if:
- You want to add a complete Omega oil supplement to your diet. Hemp seed oil has an ideal Omega-6 to Omega-3 essential fatty acids ratio of 3:1.
- You’re after a low maintenance superfood that you can either drizzle over salads and soups or your toast as a butter replacement – so simple.
- You love products with versatility – hemp seed oil can be used externally as well as taken internally.
How to take hemp seed oil:
When you take hemp seed oil, all you need is one tablespoon per day. Hemp seed oil is an extremely versatile whole food supplement, and you can add hemp to pretty much everything and anything, sweet or savory. Hemp seed oil has a smoke point of 165 degrees Celsius, and so to conserve the Omegas and to enjoy all its benefits, we suggest you use it raw.
- Blend a tablespoon of hemp seed oil into your smoothies, teas and tonics.
- Use to top your favorite dishes or as an ingredient in hummus and dressings.
- Externally, hemp seed oil can be used to nourish dry skin and alleviate acne as well as reduce skin irritations such as eczema. For hair, work hemp seed oil into your hair and scalp.
How to store hemp seed oil:
Once opened, ideally keep refrigerated. If you don’t have the fridge space, store in a cool dark cupboard to avoid the degradation and rancidity of the fatty acids.
2 x 250ml / Gluten Free. Vegan.