Wondercore Hemp Hurd perfect for HempCrete
High Performance Material perfect for building
This 15kg compressed brick will expand to 2-3 size in volume once removed. Dimensions: 75cm x 37cm x 28cm
Wondercore Hemp Hurd
- Wondercore is a 100% natural Hemp animal bedding material.
- Made from super absorbent hemp stalk core.
- Effectively controls odor for longer than other litter.
- Twice the absorbancy of wood shavings.
- Almost zero dust content to keep airways healthy.
- Maintains an optimal humidity levels in stables, tanks and cages.
- Hemp animal bedding naturally repels problem insects.
- High thermal rating to keep cozy in winter and cool in summer.
- Soft texture provides a comfortable cushions for restful sleep.
- Hemp cellulose is an eco-friendly sustainable resource.
- Can be used as a soil enriching fast decomposing garden mulch.
- Grown without chemical sprays in the Netherlands.
The natural properties of hemp hurd also make it incredible in the garden, where the mulch enriches and protects the soil, encouraging earthworm activity and healthy soil microbe and fungi. Place around flower beds, vegetable gardens, ornamental fruit trees, or potted plant to keep moisture in the soil during summer. Use in winter to prevent the ground from chilling, which protects the roots of trees and perennials. You may also find an increase in other beneficial insect and animal life, such as praying mantis and lizards. This occurs as a result of creating a safe and healthy organic ecosystem in your garden, all of which begins with healthy soil.
Why Build With Hemp
- High Insulation Value
- Rock-like Wall Strength
- Long-lasting, Durable Material
- Fast Construction Times
- Simple and Economical
- Mould and Pest Resistant
- Easy to Change or Repair
Reasons to live in a hempcrete structure
- Non-toxic and Natural
- Thermally Comfortable
- Acoustically Absorbent
- Atmospheric CO2 Removal/Storage
- Heating and Cooling Cost Savings
- Good Thermal Mass
- Built-in Humidity Management
Video Demonstrating Building with Hemp
Ultimate Sustainable Building Material